RECIPE: CLASSIC BACON AN EGG BURGER
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: Serves 1
A super naturally delicious burger that’s easy to make. Taste the difference of homemade! This is a great recipe for one or two, and for families, students, flats etc.
Fresh ground black pepper
Vegetable or Olive Oil spray
1 burger bun (plain, sesame, bap or brioche)
2 bacon rashers – you can also use meat-free bacon strips or other alternatives
Lettuce leaves – washed
1 tomato, sliced
1 tablespoon of aioli or mayonnaise (optional)
1. Lightly coat a pan with olive oil spray and fry bacon rashers until just crispy.
2. Remove the bacon from the pan and lay on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
3. Crack the egg into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat – or longer if you prefer a harder yolk.
4. Split the buns and lightly toast in a toaster.
Build the burger with layers any way you like it
1. On the toasted bottom bun stack the bacon, egg, lettuce, sliced tomato etc.
2. Add fresh ground black pepper to taste and finish off with sauce(s) of your choice.
3. Spread fresh mayo/ aioli on the top bun. Place the bun on top of the burger to serve. Enjoy!
– Add a couple of slices of avocado if you like the classic BLT combination.
– Push a toothpick through the top to hold the burger together better when serving.
- Image: Unkown Source
- Original recipe via eggs.org.nz