RECIPE: SPRING VEGETABLE FRITTATA
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Serving Size: Serves 8
This fresh vegetable frittata is perfect for a crowd – you can serve it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 spring onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup fresh or thawed baby peas
200g asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2 cm pieces
1 cup halved grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, basil, dill, salt, and pepper; set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a 25 cm ovenproof nonstick pan over medium heat; cook spring onions and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is golden. Add peas and asparagus; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
3. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs start to set around edges. Sprinkle tomatoes and goat cheese over top.
4. Transfer to oven; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden and top is puffy.
– Substitute 2 tbsp basil pesto for the herbs, if fresh herbs are unavailable.
- Image: © 2019 Egg Farmers of Canada.
- Original recipe via eggs.org.nz